Monday, October 12, 2009

Lauren Graham Returns to Television!

Made official last week, Lauren Graham is returning to television in the NBC series, Parenthood. The role was previously held by Maura Tierney, but she had to drop out due to ongoing breast cancer treatment.

Lauren Graham is most known as fast-talking Lorelai Gilmore on the WB/CW series Gilmore Girls, a role that made her a household name. This time around, Graham will be playing single mother,Sarah Braverman, who has a less than impressive ex-husband, and two children who are not thriving in their current environment. Strapped for any real solutions to her problems, Sarah travels back home moving in with her parents at the age of thirty-eight.

Parenthood
is a series inspired by the movie of the same name. Ron Howard, who directed the original movie and Brian Grazer, who produced it, are serving as executive producers on the t.v series adaptation. The ensemble cast includes Craig T. Nelson, Dax Shepard, Erika Christensen, and Peter Krause.

The only reason I was interested in this series was because I have such fond memories of it as a kid (of course I had no idea the object I thought was a candle was really a vibrator and the whole kid shooting from a clock tower went way over my head). But now I have even more reason to add this show on my Tivo season pass with the hiring of Lauren Graham. I'm sure fans of Lorelai Gilmore will definitely tune into this midseason show.

No comments:

Post a Comment